04 Apr Milestone Two: Formative Study and Refined Concepts
Posted at 17:42h in ATCM 4377.001 - Interaction Design II, Design Process, SafetyNet 1.0 0 Comments
Safety Net – Technology
How might we interpret emotional changes, in a therapeutic setting, through various modes of communication?
Mental Health Professionals currently maintaining a clinical practice
- State Law does not require therapy or intake to conducted in person.
- All mental health care professionals interviewed believe they can accurately diagnose and prescribe via tele-therapy.
- While both therapists liked the idea of tele-therapy being an addition to traditional face-to-face sessions, they both agreed that tele-therapy alone is better than no therapy in cases where access is limited.
- Both mental health professionals have used some limited form of tele-therapy already in their practice (texting, video chat, etc).
Veterans with self identified mental health disorders
- All participants had sought mental health care
- All participants had been diagnosed at either a private or VA facility
- VA facilities were twice as common as private facilities
- 1/2 of the participants had sought mental health care at more than one facility